South Lanarkshire Leisure and Culture offers a vast range of activities for children, from tots to teens.
ACE / Tiny ACE membership:
Our ACE / Tiny ACE membership gives children aged under 16 access to all of our ACE activities (suitable for children 12 weeks to 15 years), such as football, gymnastics and trampolining; as well as our Arts Courses and Classes (suitable for pre school up to 17 year olds), including arts and crafts, music and drama. Golf, swimming, racquet sports, use of our gyms and fitness classes (suitable for 12 year olds and above), and access to soft play (for children aged 2 to height 4 foot 9 inches) at Larkhall Leisure Centre, Burnbank Centre and The Fountain, are also included in this membership - all for only £25.05 per month. These activities are also available on a pay-as-you-go basis.
Courses and classes for children and young people:
- Arts courses and classes (suitable for pre school up to 17 year olds)
- Early Years programme (fitness activities for parent and baby from 17 weeks of pregnancy onwards)
- ACE sports activities and play clubs (suitable for children 12 weeks to 15 years)
- Library activities for children (suitable for pre school up to primary 7)
General sports/ fitness:
- Fitness classes (suitable for 12 year olds and above)
- Ice skating
- the Club fitness studios (suitable for 12 year olds and above)
Great days out for children:
- Calderglen Country Park, with Calderglen Zoo
- Chatelherault Country Park
- James Hamilton Heritage Park
- Low Parks Museum
How to book
- Courses and classes for children and young people - These can be booked at the individual Centre or at SLLC Headquarters on 01698 476262
- General sports/fitness - To book a Fitness class or round of Golf, click on the above link, call the centre/golf course directly or you can book online at www.sllcbooking.co.uk/Connect. For other activities such as swimming, just check the opening hours and go along at the appropriate time.
- Great days out for children - No need to book these activities.
Children's Birthday parties:
As well as all of these fantastic activities, you can give your child a birthday party to remember at several of our facilities.
Keep up to date with children's activities in South Lanarkshire:
For regular updates on activities for pre-school and primary school aged children, ‘like’ our Children’s Activities Facebook page today!