Lowland Leader Courses:
The Lowland Leader award has been designed for people who wish to lead groups on day walks in lowland countryside and woodland in summer conditions. Scotland is made up of this type of terrain so you'll never be short of places to go walking. Outdoor Resource Base will deliver Lowland Leader Training and Assessment Courses throughout the year. Optional courses such as the Expedition Skills Module course will be advertised throughout the year. Contact OLA@southlanarkshireleisure.co.uk or contact a member of staff on 01698 459447 to find out more about these courses.
Trail Cycle Leader:
TCL training and assessment courses are available by arrangement - please contact us!
Candidates must have registered with Scottish Cycling and meet the requirements of the Scottish Mountain Bike Leader Award.
First Aid Courses:
Please contact us about your First Aid requirements - we can tailor a course for you!
Local Authority Staff Training:
ORB provides many local authorities, particularly those in the West of the Central Belt, with opportunities for staff training and CPD. These opportunities include:
- Advice and guidance service to Heads of Establishments on matters relating to Outdoor Education, Outdoor Learning, the Environment, Safety, Risk Assessment, Excursions, Expeditions and Trips.
- Provision of on the job training in relation to National Governing Body Awards in many of the areas identified above.
- Team Development inputs for teams, groups, organisations and training providers.
- Support and guidance on delivery of the Duke of Edinburgh Award.
- Continuous professional development (CPD) opportunities for teachers and education staff for career development through National Governing Body Leadership awards and other pertinent training such as Risk Assessment for the Outdoors.
Contact us for further information.