Public swim session safety measures - Dollan Aqua Centre
The following measures have been implemented to ensure a safe and practical return to pool activities at Dollan Aqua Centre.
The measures cover each step of the participant’s journey from home to site and home again. These measures will always be in place and remain under continual review. SLLC will follow the guidance from the Scottish Government and governing bodies. Procedures will be updated as and when the guidance changes with the gradual lifting of social restrictions.
General customer rules and key points to stop the spread of Coronavirus
Do not come to the pool if you are showing any symptoms of COVID-19 (temperature, cough, or loss of taste or smell), you can find the latest guidance on NHS inform website.
People who are symptomatic should self-isolate for 10 days and household members for 14 days as per NHS guidance.
No one who is self-isolating should attend a sports facility or activity.
A face covering should be worn before and after your activity in communal areas of the facility such as reception, changing areas and corridors.
Please use the hand sanitiser provided as you enter the facility.
Before your swim
- You should arrive at the facility no earlier than 10 minutes before the start of your session.
- Arrive “beach-ready” i.e. with your swimming costume underneath your clothing.
- Please leave all valuables at home.
- There will be directional signage, social distancing measures and a one-way system in place in our buildings. These should be followed at all times.
- On arrival your name will be checked against booking records for test and protect protocols and you will then be told to proceed to the changing village following the designated one-way system.
- You will then be allocated a dedicated cubicle for the session. Once changed, leave your belongings/clothes in that cubicle.
- Then make your way to the main showers where you should quickly pre-swim rinse before moving in an anti-clockwise direction (along the balcony side of the pool) to the shallow end.
Lane swim session layout
- The pool will be split into three 25m double lanes. (Only half of the 50m pool will be available initially. Pool tank size 25m x 14m).
- Lanes will be split into fast, medium and slow lanes. Signage will be in place.
Lane swim session guidance
- Enter the relevant lane for your speed from the shallow end only.
- Maintain social distancing at all times both on pool side and in the water.
- Please respect people have different standards and abilities and everyone has a right to enjoy their swim.
- Do not at any time make physical contact with other participants.
- Please swim in the right speed lane for your ability. Please do not overtake whilst swimming. Before pushing off please check to see if anyone faster is approaching.
- Please check the directional signage and move across to the relevant side of the lane for each length.
- Try and leave at least 5 metres between yourself and the next swimmer. This is roughly 5 seconds on a pace clock.
- When stopping for a rest, be mindful of others still swimming. Please therefore keep to the edge of the lane and turn your head away from approaching swimmer.
- If you have finished your swim, please exit the water as quickly as possible.
- Please do not gather in groups at the end of the lane.
General swim session layout
- The pool will be open plan. Only half of the 50m pool will be available initially - pool tank size 25m x 14m.
General swim session guidance
- Maintain social distancing at all times both on pool side and in the water.
- Please do not gather in groups outside of your family bubble.
- When you have finished your swim, please exit the water as quickly as possible.
After your swim session
- Exit the pool in an anti-clockwise direction along the south side of the building. (Non-balcony side)
- Make your way directly to your cubicle without showering and get changed quickly.
- Please do not congregate at any time in the changing village area.
- Please exit the changing village as quickly as possible via the spiral staircase.
- Hairdryers will not be available.
- We understand that you may not have seen friends for a while but please catch up with them once outside the building.
How to book
All sessions must be booked and paid in advance. No walk-in bookings will be taken.
Bookings can be made online. Every person should book a space regardless of age.
If you are not able to book online, telephone bookings on 01355 260000 can be made from 9:30am every day.
If you have an online account but have forgotten your password, click forgot link to reset.
If you have never had an online account before you will require your member ID to get started. This is different to the number on your card. If you require this please email us.
Swim, Fitness, ACE or Activage members can book their sessions 7 days in advance.
Pay-as-you-go customers will be able to book 5 days in advance.
If you give four hours’ notice or more of a cancellation, your booking will be moved to another available time. If no suitable time is available, you will receive a full refund.
If you fail to give four hours’ notice of a cancellation or do not turn up for a pre-booked class, you will not receive a refund for the lost booking. Members and Activage card holders will be charged a £2 cancellation fee. If you have an outstanding payment (say a £2 cancellation for a class) you may be refused the booking or access to the class until you have paid the outstanding amount.
Frequently Asked Questions
When will general swims and lane swims be available?
We have various slots on the timetable. Timetables can be viewed online or in the centre.
Do I have to book?
Yes, all sessions can be booked on-line and over the phone. Bookings for more than one person for the ‘General Swim’ session on Saturday should be booked by phone only. Bookings should be made 24hrs in advance.
How long is my booking?
Each pool session is for 60 minutes.
How much will a session cost?
The cost of each session will be £5.60 for an adult and £2.85 for a junior/senior/concession
Under 4s free
A ‘Family Swim’ price is available, however you will only be able to access this via a telephone booking
Will the changing rooms and showers be open?
The changing village will be open. A dedicated cubicle will be allocated to each swimmer. Belongings will be left in the cubicle. Swimmers will return to the same cubicle at the end of the session.
Accessible changing facilities and family cubicles will be open for use however they are limited. To book these please contact the site direct on 01355 260000.
Pre swim rinse showers will be necessary. This is to protect the chemical balance of the water. Only two people will be allowed in the shower area at any one time. Only the two end showers are to be used.
No after activity showers will be permitted. This is to ensure a fast changeover between sessions and to avoid a bottleneck where social distancing would be difficult to manage.
Will there be any hairdryers available?
Can children come to lane swim sessions?
Lane swimming can be accessed by anyone who is a competent swimmer over the age of 12 years old.
All children and families can access the ‘General Swimming’ sessions.
If you which to access the ‘General Swimming’ session with your family please call the centre directly on 01355260000 at the times detailed above under the section ‘Do I have to book?’
Is the Health Suite open?
No, the current guidance does not allow for the sauna or steam room to be open.
Can I restart my membership?
Yes, if you are ready to restart your swim membership please complete our Restart my SLLC swim membership form. We will do the rest for you and confirm everything to you by email.
When will my direct debit start?
Your direct debit date will be confirmed to you by email once the restart form has been received.
Can I continue to freeze my membership?
Yes, if you are still unsure do not worry, your membership will continue to be frozen until you feel ready. If you have any queries regarding our sites please email us.
I have cancelled my membership but wish to re-join, what do I do?
Requests to re-join should be made in writing. Please email Memberships.
I wish to join, what do I do?
I no longer want to be a member, what do I do?
We are sorry to see you go, if we can help in any way, let us know by emailing Cancellations.
We have a joint membership; one wants to come back and one wants to continue to freeze. What do I do?
Email Memberships with the details and we will arrange the amendment for you.
I have an Activage membership - will my 12-month contract be extended for the months I have missed?
Yes it will, please email Memberships for further information.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all our customers for their continued support. We look forward to seeing you again!!