Home | Halls and venues | The Town House Hamilton

The Town House Hamilton



Town House Hamilton

The Town House is a Category "A" listed building of Edwardian Baroque Style. The building combines three linked structures individually constructed and separately opened in 1907 (Carnegie Library), 1914 (Town House) and 1928 (Town Hall). The Town House underwent a £9m refurbishment with support from the Heritage Lottery Fund, Scottish Arts Council, Historic Scotland.

The Town House re-opened as a multi purpose Arts Venue in 2004 and has facilities capable of hosting performances, weddings and social events, arts classes and courses, conferences and meetings as well as promoting varied arts and cultural events programme.

The Town House hosts a variety of performances, from West End productions, national companies through to local amateur groups, download our Forthcoming attractions brochure. For more information or to book tickets contact our Box Office on 01698 452299 or click the Online booking button below to book tickets online.

The Town House also offers a variety of flexible accommodation to suit your needs.  For more information please view our Conference and events page.

The Town House is an inspired choice for those looking for a distinguished wedding ceremony and evening reception.  Visit our wedding page below for more information.

We also offer a range of classes and courses, including drama, dance, music and painting.  Click here for the annual arts programme.

The Town House is a short walk from rail and bus links and is only 5 minutes from the M74.  The Venue is fully accessible to disabled visitors and has its own dedicated car parking.

Book a show or production online.

Link to the Children's Activities in South Lanarkshire Facebook page  South Lanarkshire Leisure and Culture on Facebook pages

South Lanarkshire Leisure and Culture now have two Facebook pages, just click on the links below and "Like" to be kept up-to-date.