ACE children's activities
ACE term time programmes
Our Term 1 children’s programme for Ace and Tiny Ace is here for you! Find out what's on offer at your local centre(s) below, whether it be trying a new sport or meeting new friends our programme is for you! Let’s get our children back to being active and having fun.
ACE summer activities are happening until 15 August, and some still have spaces available to book.
Bookings for Term 1 activities will be available from 10:00am on Monday 9 August. You can book online for leisure centre activities, or call and book at your local culture venue, library or leisure centre. Activities will run from 16 August - 10 October 2021. Please refer to our frequently asked questions below.
You can pay as you go from £3.45 per hour or take out our ACE Membership, which will give your child unlimited access to our programme. If that’s not enough ACE membership also gives access to Calderglen Zoo, East Kilbride ice rink, golf, gyms, libraries, racquet sports and swimming pools. A concession of up to 50% is available to Leisure for All cardholders for both pay as you go and membership prices.
Find out what's on offer at your local centre(s) below.
East Kilbride area
South Lanarkshire Leisure and Culture Limited: Children’s Activities - Booking Terms and Conditions and Fair Use Rules
- All courses, classes and sessions must be pre-booked and paid in full (unless stated otherwise) prior to the commencement of each course, class or session.
- Reduced rates are available for holders of a current SLLC ‘Leisure for all’ concession card. Please ensure your concession card is valid to beyond the start date of your chosen activity at the time of booking. Further information on eligibility can be found on the website or by calling 01698 476262.
- Payments cannot be refunded except in circumstances where the course, class or session has been cancelled.
- If you fail to give four hours notice of cancellation or do not turn up for a pre-booked ACE class, you will not receive a refund for the lost booking. ACE members will be charged a £2.00 cancellation fee.
- SLLC reserve the right to cancel, alter or relocate sessions without notice and will run subject to minimum numbers. In the event of an activity being cancelled we will take reasonable steps to notify participants. SLLC will not be held responsible for any travel, accommodation or other ancillary costs incurred by the participant.
- Class Usage – To ensure your child or children have an enjoyable experience of their ACE class or activity they may only attend classes which are at an appropriate level for their age and skill or ability level.
- Where participation is dependent on skill or ability levels, SLLC staff will provide advice and guidance on the most suitable class or activity for your child or children.
- Participants agree to abide by SLLC’s Management Rules at all times. These are available to customers on request and / or are displayed within facilities and venues.
- SLLC cannot be held responsible for injury or loss of belongings sustained whilst participating in any course or session.
- The unauthorised use of photographic and / or recording equipment is strictly prohibited.
Fair use rules
- Participants are not permitted to attend consecutive classes in the same activity, for example attend two consecutive gymnastic classes. However they are permitted to attend consecutive classes in different activities, for example attend a guitar class followed by a drama class.
- To ensure children receive the best experience from their ACE membership SLLC encourages parents to, where possible, not book children into multiple activities in the one day.
- Please provide details of any medical conditions that we would need to be aware of. Providing this information enables SLLC to provide the best service and / or adapt classes to support the needs of the child or children.
Frequently asked questions
What Covid safety procedures will be in place for our participants?
Our coaches have been encouraged, as good practice, to take two lateral flow tests per week. The equipment will be cleaned before and after use. Two metre social distancing will apply for coaches. Masks will be worn should the coach need to be within two metres. Sanitiser will be in frequent use.
Do I have to book?
Yes, advance booking is essential due to limited capacity.
How to book
All sessions must be booked and paid in advance. No walk-in bookings will be taken. Bookings can be made online.
If you have an online account but have forgotten your membership ID, this is different to the number on your card, please email us.
If you have forgotten your password, just click "forgot" link to reset.
If you have never had an online account before you can set up a new account under your child's name. Each child will have their own account.
Do I need to rebook for Term 2?
No if you are booked into Term 1 we will automatically rebook you into Term 2. This automatic re-enrolment will take place between 27 September 2021 and 10 October 2021. If you no longer require your place please let us know.
Are there any changes to drop off / pick up procedures due to Covid?
Yes – all facilities have a system in place. This will be clearly shown at the facility but, if you could note, the drop off point may differ from the pick up point.
Are there any special requirements with clothing?
Gym clothes and shoes for all activities but please note most activities will be outdoors, so come prepared for rain (rain jacket) or sun (sun hat and sun cream applied before arrival).
Will refreshments be supplied?
No but children should bring bottled water or diluted juice for breaks. Please clearly mark with child’s name to avoid any confusion.
Can I join in the session and support my three year old as it’s his/her first class?
Unfortunately not, due to the health and safety measures being introduced within each class. We cannot accommodate any additional people outside of our coaching team and the participants.
Can I restart my ACE membership?
Yes, if you are ready to restart your ACE membership after viewing our programme please complete our restart my ACE membership form. We will do the rest for you and confirm everything to you by email.
When will my direct debit start?
Your direct debit date will be confirmed to you by email once the restart form has been received.
Can I continue to freeze my membership?
Yes, your ACE membership will continue to be frozen until you feel ready. If you have any queries regarding our sites please email us.
I no longer want to be a member, what do I do?
We are sorry to see you go, if we can help in any way, let us know by emailing Cancellations.
South Lanarkshire Leisure and Culture offers a vast range of activities for children, from tots to teens.