Outdoor Learning and Adventure price list 2021
Outdoor Learning and Adventure activities
Prices effective from 1 April 2021.
Courses can be booked by calling James Hamilton Heritage Park on: 01355 276611 or Outdoor Resource Base on: 01698 476822, or in person person at either facility.
Full payment is required at the time of booking for all activities. Organised group bookings can be invoiced on receipt of company or organisation details.
Some courses can be booked online, and the link is provided under the applicable information.
Outdoor adventure week
This exciting five day multi-activity adventure week runs throughout the school summer holidays and provides young people aged from 8 to 14 years the chance to take part in a range of outdoor activities at a variety of venues throughout central Scotland. No previous experience required. Equipment and transport to all venues is provided from the Outdoor Resource Base.
School summer holidays five day programme - £192.60
Five sessions of seven hours on five consecutive days. Activities include hill walking (Monday), mountain biking (Tuesday), climbing (Wednesday), kayaking (Thursday) and gorge walking (Friday).
School summer holidays four day programme - £157.75
Four sessions of seven hours on four consecutive days. Activities include mountain biking (Tuesday), climbing (Wednesday), kayaking (Thursday) and gorge walking (Friday).
|AD1||28 June||Mon-Fri (5 days)||9:00am-4:00pm|
|AD2||5 July||Mon-Fri (5 days)||9:00am-4:00pm|
|AD3||12 July||Mon-Fri (5 days)||9:00am-4:00pm|
|AD4||20 July||Tue-Fri (4 days)||9:00am-4:00pm|
|AD5||26 July||Mon-Fri (5 days)||9:00am-4:00pm|
|AD6||2 August||Mon-Fri (5 days)||9:00am-4:00pm|
|AD7||9 August||Mon-Fri (5 days)||9:00am-4:00pm|
Junior dinghy sailing
All dinghy sailing courses follow a fun and safe syllabus set out by the Royal Yachting Association (RYA). All courses are for age 8 years and over. There is a teaching ratio of one instructor to six craft or eight pupils. Courses take place at James Hamilton Heritage Park.
RYA Stage 1/2 - £126.45
No previous experience is required for Stage 1/2 courses. Beginners are taught how to rig our sailing dinghies and learn all the basics on the water during five lessons of five hours on five consecutive days.
Book a course online.
RYA Stage 3 - £126.45
The Stage 3 course will arm participants with the skills required to become experienced sailors in double handed boats during five lessons of five hours on five consecutive days. For RYA stage 3 you require to have passed the RYA Stage 1/2 course.
Book a course online.
Kayaking / canoeing
Padde discover - £83.40
Paddle discover is a junior course for age 8 years and over and consists of five lessons of three hours on five consecutive days. No previous experience is necessary.
Participants will learn the basics of paddling as well as an awareness of boat and personal safety. During the course participants can progress to learning new paddling strokes. The courses are aimed at young people who wish to develop their skills.
Book a course online.
To book online please follow the steps below:
- Please phone Hamilton Palace Sports Ground reception (01698 424101) to receive the participant's booking ID number or to have an ID created - you will be asked to provide a current email address which will be recorded against the member ID
- Log on to www.slleisureandculture.co.uk
- Click “Do it online” from the Quick links menu
- Click the "JHHP course bookings" icon
- Enter member ID and click “Forgotten your PIN?”
- Enter ID number again and click “Request PIN”
- Follow instructions which will allow you to create your own 4 digit PIN - your PIN cannot start with a zero
- Input start date of desired activity in "Advanced search" menu
- Select the course or session required using the course reference from the tables above, for example "DJ1"
- Click "Book" to confirm correct course or class - all courses which have multiple dates only require first session to be booked
- Click "Pay" to make payment for the selected course or class
You will receive acknowledgment of your completed transaction by email. You also will need to follow the instruction within the email to print the activity booking form which will contain the terms and conditions of your booking.
Refunds can only be made by telephone or in person at Hamilton Palace Sports Ground or James Hamilton Heritage Park.