South Lanarkshire Leisure and Culture offers a wide range of activities for children, from tots to teens.
ACE / Tiny ACE membership:
Our ACE / Tiny ACE membership gives access to activities suitable for children 12 weeks to 15 years, such as football, gymnastics and trampolining; as well as our arts and crafts, music and drama. Golf, swimming, racquet sports, use of our gyms and fitness classes (suitable for 12 years old and above), and access to soft play (for children aged 2 to height 4 foot 9 inches) at Larkhall Leisure Centre, Burnbank Centre and The Fountain, are also included in these memberships. These activities are also available on a pay-as-you-go basis.
Courses and classes for children and young people:
- Early Years programme - fitness activities for parent and baby (from 17 weeks of pregnancy onwards)
- ACE / Tiny ACE sports activities and play clubs (suitable for children 12 weeks to 15 years) and arts courses and classes
- Library activities for children arts, crafts and games (suitable for pre school up to primary 7)
General sports/ fitness:
- Fitness classes (suitable for 12 year olds and above)
- Gym (suitable for 12 year olds and above)
- Ice skating
Great days out for children:
- Calderglen Country Park, with Calderglen Zoo
- Chatelherault Country Park
- James Hamilton Heritage Park
- Low Parks Museum
How to book
- Courses and classes for children and young people - ACE / Tiny ACE members can book online, or alternatively classes can be booked at the individual Centre or at SLLC Headquarters on 01698 476262
- General sports/fitness - To book a Fitness class you can book online or call the centre directly. Contact the appropriate Starters Office to book a round of golf. For other activities such as swimming, just check the opening hours on the swimming pool web page and go along at the appropriate time.
Children's Birthday parties:
As well as all of these fantastic activities, you can give your child a birthday party to remember at one of our facilities.
Keep up to date with children's activities in South Lanarkshire:
For regular updates on activities for pre-school and primary school aged children, ‘like’ our Children’s Activities Facebook page today!